Wednesday 18 May 2011

Tuesday's report


Tenby - Caldey





Pendine




Saundersfoot



Carmarthen


Alf's message:

Early start from Llanddarog. Walked through to Tenby, fairly heavy going 30 miles, Leg and blister playing up not something I will try again especially with the coastal footpath going up and down. Seemed like more ups than downs but I wanted to gain an extra day to allow me to visit Caldey as this is the only active Cistercian monastery in Wales. However, no boats to Caldey due to the bad weather so I will try tomorrow. Weather today has been a bit miserable, neither one thing or the other, just a constant drizzle.

Interesting old chapel up for sale near Amroth. The plaque stated that it had been founded in 1862, the b(e)centenary of the heroes of conscience (bit I could not read). I will research this later.


Very kind gentleman showed me the route around the headland and into Tenby.

No comments:

Post a Comment