Monday 30 May 2011

Alf speaks after completing the pilgrimage



 
 
 
As most of you are aware I finished my pilgrimage on Saturday 28th at Maenan Abbey. I will now write-up my notes and put them on the web for those who would like to see it.
 
The last few days have been especially good despite the rain and a couple of soakings. On the last day I was joined by my brother, Della Fazey, Paul Ellis from Moelyci and Della's friend Sue. We managed to get a bit off course coming over from Dolwyddelan but it was a new experience (the area, not getting lost) The walk over Gwydir Forest was pretty steep and hard going.

It was also good to call in at Llanrwst to the church where I was baptised (the font looks quite small). The welcome was much appreciated by those who came to see me home.

My thanks to Stephen Wigley for the devotions at the end and all who have supported and prayed for me during the month. I would especially like to thank Keith who has handled the technical end with the blog site and pictures and of course Mary who has waited patiently everyday to pick me up. Personally I think that has been the hardest part of the pilgrimage.

Can I also thank those people who have given so generously to Action for Children during this special year. I will get the final figure out and let everyone know the result.

Once again a big thank you to everyone for their support.

Shalom

Alf

No comments:

Post a Comment