Friday 20 May 2011

All change

Alf's message:

Left Henllan early this morning, weather cold to start but great during the day.   Did not rain until we were driving back to Carmarthen.   Called in at Llanllyr and was shown around by the owner of the farm, Mr. Gee, very helpful and knowledgeable regarding the site.   Showed me an early Celtic cross as well as the site of the nunnery and fish ponds.   He has identified where several nuns are buried but no serious dig has taken place.
 
He produces 'Llanllyr Water' from a spring on the site..

I am taking tomorrow off and walking to Strata Florida on Sunday.
 
I am one day ahead of my schedule and intend splitting the last day so that I will have a shorter trip to finish.

New schedule tomorrow.   Having a problem loading the pictures, will try tomorrow.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment